Friday, June 15, 2012

What is the beauty?


Today I must be see a video called "Darwinian theory of beauty" by Denis Dutton. I found it interesting but the exposer told a little slow and it was boring.  He told about beauty and relation with the theory of evolution, for him the concept of beauty is not a culture condition is more like something it’s deep in ours mind is been there from a long time ago. Some of the things that he expose make me sense, because for me the idea of beauty is a culture construction that’s mean we need a formation from childhood, and for that we need a lots of time.
I think that own idea of beauty is very simple to explain, because we live in a society that introduces concept and definitions about what is common, one of this concept is the beauty.
When the exposer told about arts, he may be reference to classic art piece of arts like Leonardo or Miguel Angel, because he considered that beautiful arts is only well done paintings. In this way, he forgot the modern art because this style many times uses technical than a superficial look seems weir, but the expert of art although common people appreciated their beautiful.

Even when I don’t share his opinion, I considered interesting what he proposed.

See you!

4 comments:

  1. You're so honest Catty hahaha "it was boring".

    ReplyDelete
  2. We have the same opinion.! I like that! C:

    ReplyDelete
  3. you have all reason, but a like the animation of the video
    bye

    ReplyDelete
  4. Caty, you are hardcore and always going to conflict XD
    I want U for this

    ReplyDelete